Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Frankie Bones - All The Way Home

I'm tossing a rather expensive 42,000 RPM electric motor into an LXX Char-G chassis that will get a snazzy-looking Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 replica shell over it when I'm done. And boy, will it be fast. At least 10 miles per hour in real life.

Congrats! You've got more than $50 invested in an illegally imported radio control car that can go 10 miles per hour, and you think it's fast!

What the hell was I thinking?!

I was on a brief, expensive kick of modifying the hell out of stupid little radio controlled cars such as Zip-Zaps and Bit Char-Gs. They were smaller than matchbox cars, and -- once modified, pretty fast considering their size. If memory serves me correctly, this was in late 2002.

This song is off of a demo mix CD for Sonic Groove, a (now defunct) record label and vinyl shop in New York started by electronic music guru-brothers Adam X and Frankie Bones with Heather Heart as co-owner.

No comments: